healthy diet plan. All this was not needed to be done at the time of our ancestors, because all they did was having a healthy diet and in a proper quantity which would keep them healthy throughout their life. But today we don’t get this healthy food, our home being an exception.
Meeting your people for having meals has become a trend instead of having it at one’s place where one cooks for the others. You want to party? People are moving in restaurants. You plan a concert? People book hotels. Someone is getting married? Again a king-size dinner is planned out. There is no purity left in the food we consume in hotels and restaurants, which leads to major health issues. The food we eat outside can be cooked at home itself, that too with lower risks of health problems and it fits your pocket too.
Benefits of healthy homemade meals:
- High nutritional values: The meals you cook at your home give you a surety of high amount of nutrition as compared to the food we eat in restaurants and hence consuming homemade food leads to an enhanced life cycle.
- Suitable proportions: The food you consume in restaurants may consist of unbalanced proportions of ingredients, which may lead to unidentified damages to a human body. Cooking food at home lets you decide the quantity of ingredients on your own, hence lowering the risk of undesirable side effects of excessive quantities of ingredients and so making the meal a much healthier one as well.
- Healthy eating habits: Preparing your food at home can lead to a much hygienic eating habits, as you reaming much conscious of cleanliness being at your own place as compared to consuming food at hotels which are not always neat and clean. Not only this, but you may also get habitual to follow a regular dietary plan which results in a healthy lifestyle.
- Along with these, there are much more things that can prove to be beneficial to you, i.e., safe meals, consciousness of food allergies, affordable diet plans, etc.
There exist many high nutrition recipes that can be prepared at home and are also affordable to your pockets. Every food item benefits you with some or the other health benefits. The main nutritional components are carbohydrates, calories, sugar, salts, fibers, fats, proteins, etc. All these components are present in different food items in varied proportions. Let us go through some of the easy vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipes. All the recipes discussed below cost you below $10 for 4 servings, making it much affordable to you.
- Pea falafels along with minty couscous salad: This healthy vegetarian recipe consists of 400g frozen peas, 400g chickpeas, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 2 tsp cumin seeds, 2 tbsp peanut butter, chopped mint leaves, 4 tomatoes, 100ml yoghurt, 200g couscous, etc. the recipe does not consist of any gravy. The dish can be cooked in 35-40 minutes. A single serving of this recipe provides you with 489 kcal of energy, 17g fat, 3g saturates, 57g carbohydrates, 8g sugars, 14g fibre, 21g protein and 0.5g salt.
- Cinnamon porridge with berries and banana: This dish requires 15 minutes of preparation and just 5-7 minutes of cooking. The major ingredients of the recipe are 100g oats, 1 tsp of cinnamon, 4 tsp sugar (demerara sugar), 450ml milk (milk containing no cream), 3 sliced bananas, 400g strawberries (cut into two halves), and 150g yoghurt.
- Egg and rocket pizza: Egg being the base ingredient of this recipe, the egg and rocket pizza also consists of 1 red pepper (roasted), 2 tomatoes, 2 tbsp tomato puree, 2 tbsp parsley (chopped), and 2 tortillas served as a pizza base. The egg and rocket pizza can be cooked in 25 minutes only. Single serving of this dish delivers you with 327kcal of energy, 11g fat, 3g saturates, 39g carbohydrates, 8g sugars, 5g fibre, 15g protein and 1g salt.
- Pork and oyster fry: For 4 servings, the dish consists mainly of 400g sliced pork, 75 ml of oyster sauce, 140g green bean, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tbsp of lime juice, 1 tbsp of chilli sauce, 1 tsp soy sauce, and 2 tbsp vegetable oil. The time needed to cook the dish is 20 minutes. Pork and oyster fry provides you with 233kcal energy, 12g fat, 3g saturates, 7g carbohydrates, 5g sugars, 1g fibre, 24g protein and 2.42g salt. The dish tastes best when served with steamed rice or noodles.
- Turkey wraps with spring onion: This is an easy-to-cook recipe that consumes only 5-10 minutes of cooking and preparation. The ingredients of this dish are 2 tbsp mayonnaise, 2 tbsp pasta sauce, 4 leaves of lettuce, 250g turkey (shredded and cooked), 6 shredded spring onions, shredded cucumber and 4 flour-wraps. The dish provides you 267kcal energy, 9g fat, 2g saturates, 25g carbohydrates, 3gt sugars, 2g fibre, 24g protein and 1.62g salt.
Conclusion: Along with exercising on a regular basis for a balance and healthy lifestyle, it is also very much mandatory to consume a healthy and well-planned diet. If the diet is cooked at home itself, which is a hygienic one and delivers you with most of the nutritional values and also fits your pocket, then it is very much beneficial to you. So opt for homemade meals and live a healthy lifestyle.