- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons unsalted butter, plus more as needed
Procedure for Pancake Receipe
- In a big bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg commonly.
- Into another bowl, whisk the eggs in the milk and vanilla.
- Melt the butter in a big cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Whisk the butter into the milk mixture. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mix, and whisk till a thick paste is just formed.
- Following the skillet at medium temperature, ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet, to make a pancake.
- Do 1 or 2 more pancakes, practicing care to keep them evenly separated apart. Cook, till bubbles, break the cover of the pancakes, and the undersides are golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Flip with a spatula and bake about 1 minute more on the second side. Serve quickly or give to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the leftover batter, adding more butter to the skillet as needed.
- System for adding fruit to pancakes: Once the bubbles break the surface of the pancakes, scatter the surface with sliced or diced fruit, or chocolate chips, nuts, etc. Flip with a spatula and cook for 1 time more, being careful not to burn toppings.